Volunteers: The Driving Force
A little time can make a difference:
- A few hours of delivering meals can make a big difference in someone’s life.
- Our volunteers are often the only social contact our clients have on a regular basis.
- Our volunteers are the driving force of our organization.
- If you have a few hours each week and would like to volunteer, we need drivers throughout the Salinas Valley.
Do you have a couple of hours to spare?
Join our team and help us deliver meals to homebound seniors throughout the Salinas Valley. We especially need Substitute Drivers in Greenfield.
- South County the meals are delivered on Wednesday from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Volunteers in South County do not need to come to Salinas to pick up the meals, we will bring them to you
- Substitutes fill in for regular volunteers who are unable to do their routes
- Volunteers provide their own vehicle and gasoline
A little time can make a HUGE difference in someone’s life. The following volunteer opportunities are available:
Meal Distribution Assistants
- Helps the Program Coordinator load meals into our delivery van at the cold storage facility in Castroville
- Helps organize meals for the volunteers to pick-up from Meals on Wheels facility in Salinas
- Meal Distribution Assistants are needed on Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10:00 am and on Wednesdays from 7:30 to 9 am.
- Delivers meals to clients’ homes
- In Salinas we need volunteer drivers to help on Tuesdays or Thursdays, from about 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- In North County, Gonzales, Soledad, Greenfield, and King City we need drivers on Wednesdays.
- We especially need Volunteer Drivers in North Monterey County.
- We also need Substitute Drivers in Greenfield, Gonzales, and Soledad to deliver meals on Wednesdays. Substitutes fill in for regular volunteers who are unable to do their routes.
- Volunteers provide their own vehicle and gasoline.
- Assists driver to deliver meals to clients’ homes
- Students needing community service hours are welcomed as helpers. They can help on their spring, winter and summer vacations.
We do not accept court referrals.
If you would like to become a volunteer with us, please read our Volunteer Policy and complete the Volunteer Application and return it to us. After we receive your application, one of our staff members will contact you.