Volunteers: The Driving Force
A little time can make a difference:
- A few hours of delivering meals can make a big difference in someone’s life.
- Our volunteers are often the only social contact our clients have on a regular basis.
- Our volunteers are the driving force of our organization.
- If you have a few hours each week and would like to volunteer, we need drivers throughout the Salinas Valley.
Do you have a couple of hours to spare?
Join our team and help us deliver meals to homebound seniors throughout the Salinas Valley. We especially need Drivers and Substitute Drivers in Soledad, Greenfield and King City.
- South County the meals are delivered on Wednesday from 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Volunteers in South County do not need to come to Salinas to pick up the meals, we will bring them to you
- Substitutes fill in for regular volunteers who are unable to do their routes
- Volunteers provide their own vehicle and gasoline
A little time can make a HUGE difference in someone’s life. The following volunteer opportunities are available:
Meal Distribution Assistants
- Helps the Program Coordinator load meals into our delivery truck and unload meals into our warehouse freezer
- Helps organize meal packs and more for the volunteers to pick-up from the Meals on Wheels warehouse in Salinas
- Meal Distribution Assistants are needed Tuesdays/Thursdays from 8:00-10:00am and Wednesdays from 8:00-9:30am.
- Delivers meals to clients’ homes
- In Salinas we need volunteer drivers to help on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays, from 9:30am to 12:30pm.
- In North and South Monterey County we need drivers each Wednesday.
- We also need Substitute Drivers for South Monterey County - King City, Greenfield, and Soledad - to deliver meals on Wednesdays. Substitutes fill in for regular volunteers who are unable to cover their routes.
- Volunteers provide their own vehicle and gasoline.
- Assists driver to deliver meals to clients’ homes
- Students needing community service hours are welcomed as helpers. They can help on their spring, winter and summer vacations.
We do not accept court referrals.
If you would like to become a volunteer with us, please read our Volunteer Policy and complete the Volunteer Application and return it to us. After we receive your application, one of our staff members will contact you.