Special Kids Crusade's Community Events page is a community calendar that lists events targeted toward those in Monterey County who share an interest in the special needs community, especially with regard to children and young adults with disabilities. Special Kids Crusade is grateful to all of the local individuals and organizations who take the time to provide us with their information on appropriate activities/events, support groups and educational workshops to share with our ever-growing audience of site visitors.
We currently are in the wonderful position of being the recipient of a large number of "Community Events" posting requests. While there are no guarantees that a submitted event will be posted, adherence to the following submission guidelines will increase the chances of an event making onto our website in a timely manner.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Provide the following in the body of an email OR in a .doc attachment to your email:
- Event Name
- Event Host / Organizer
- Event or Organizer Logo (jpg), if you have one
- Event flyer (pdf), if one exists
- Event Day(s), Date(s), Start & End Times (Please provide us with as much advance notice as possible.)
- Event Location (Include physical address of venue - even if you think (a) we already know it or (b) you think everyone else already knows it. Remember, we cater to lots of families new to the area, too!)
- Event Description - In a few sentences, briefly describe the purpose and nature of the event and, if it is a community-targeted event (as opposed to a parent workshop, for example) tell us what is at the event that makes it appealing to children.
- Appropriate ages for attendees: If this is an event targeted toward parents, please note whether child care will be made available.
- Translation services - If translation services are available, please indicate the language(s) being offered and any details. (e.g., Is advance notice needed for translation services?)
- Ticket prices or entry fees (if appropriate)
- RSVP deadlines (if appropriate)
- "For more information" contact/web info for parents to use in the event they want more information.
- Contact name & phone number for Special Kids Crusade to use in the event we need more information prior to posting
Got it ready to go? Super!
Now, just e-mail us with this information for posting.