Meals on Wheels of the Salinas Valley, Inc.
believes no senior should go hungry, so we deliver nutritious meals to the homes of those who cannot shop or cook for themselves. Our frozen meals, delivered throughout the Salinas Valley by caring staff ans volunteers, improve the health and well-being of people who are homebound, elderly or disabled and help them remain in their homes and maintain their independence.
Funding to support the Meals on Wheels program comes from a variety of sources, including donations from individuals; businesses; community-based organizations; foundation, corporate and city grants; government contracts; special fundraising events; and a small percentage of donations from clients.
Reasons to Give
- To assure that nutritious meals are delivered to the homes of some of the most vulnerable and “invisible” members of the community.
- To help frail seniors throughout the Salinas Valley remain in their homes and maintain their independence.
- So seniors, who cannot shop or cook for themselves, have enough food to eat throughout the week and do not go hungry.
- To assist homebound seniors improve their health and well-being by providing a balanced, nutritious diet.
- To assure that seniors lead meaningful and dignified lives in their own homes to prevent placement in expensive nursing homes.
- To make sure that all eligible seniors who request home-delivered meals can be served without being placed on a waiting list.
- To support the many volunteers who deliver thousands of meals and countless hugs, smiles and handshakes.