Join Our Team!
Are you interested in a position with our team at Meals on Wheels of the Salinas Valley, Inc.? We provide home-delivered meals to clients throughout the Salinas Valley and so much more.
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM SUPPORT
The person in this position works 32 hours a week and may also be assigned to work on weekends, evenings or holidays. Assignment of work is the responsibility of the Program Manager.
Objective: To be responsible for delivery to clients in the geographic area we currently serve, to coordinate and supervise the routes and activities of delivery volunteers.
Accountability: To the Program Manager
- Accept inquiries from prospective clients; complete client intake forms, enter and maintain all pertinent client data in computer database. Keep client files current and updated as needed.
- Assist Program Manager by maintaining client and volunteer information on computer databases.
- Conduct client intake assessments and quarterly reassessments. Make any needed referrals to the Program Manager.
- Monitor temperatures of frozen meals from cold storage facility to clients. Assure that meals stored onsite are kept frozen until delivery.
- Recommend to the Program Manager any needed improvements in the meal service process and program.
- Prepare daily delivery schedule and accurate route sheets for both rural and Salinas clients
- Maintain all information needed for meal delivery.
- Deliver meals to clients and volunteers in South County on Wednesdays.
- Assist Program Manager to recruit new clients by distributing brochures and other materials, making presentations, staffing information table at community events etc.
- Work with the Program Manager to recruit, train, assign, evaluate, and recognize program volunteers.
- Maintain a list of volunteers, their route assignments and other capabilities they may be able to contribute to the program.
- Post volunteer delivery hours regularly so they are available for Program Manager at end of month.
- Attend training, seminars, classes, and other meetings assigned and/or approved by the Program Manager.
- Assure that MOWSV delivery van is kept clean and in good working condition.
- Pick up food at Food Bank as needed
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.A or B.S degree and/or qualifying experience in health or human service delivery.
- Proficiency using a PC and Microsoft Windows XP, including Word, Access, and Excel. Must have excellent word-processing and database skills.
- Possession of a reliable vehicle, a valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must understand and speak Spanish fluently.
- Possess a professional appearance and demeanor with an ability to work independently; to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; and to handle confidential information. Ability and desire to work and communicate with all groups within a multi-cultural community; and a genuine interest in, understanding of and concern for the elderly; ability to work with volunteers and co-workers in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
Conditions of Work:
- Non-exempt position. Full time, 32 hours a week.
- May require assignment on weekends, evenings or Holidays.
Physical and sensory requirements:
The physical and sensory abilities required for this position include:
- Physical effort such as lifting and carrying boxes of frozen meals, produce boxes or outreach materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive arm, hand, finger, and wrist motion; coordinated, skillful movements of fingers, hands and arms to operate a variety of office equipment such as a personal computer, typewriter, and calculator.
- See well enough; hear and speak sufficiently, and physical dexterity to function in a typical office environment.
- Ability to reach, stoop and bend to file forms and put supplies away, etc.
- Mobility and dexterity to operate a motor vehicle to transport self, others or meals or materials.
- Mobility and dexterity to operate the MOWSV delivery van, including loading and unloading meals from the cargo area.
Salary and Benefits:
- Medical, vision, life insurance, retirement 403(b) as specified in the Personnel Policies.
- Hourly rate: $25.00-$28.00 DOE
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter AND résumé to Regina Gage, Executive Director, at [email protected]. or Laurie Bend, Marketing/Operations Director at [email protected] No phone calls please.